I have lived in Park Slope, Brooklyn since 1986. I grew up in New Jersey and attended Oberlin College in Ohio. I spent a semester living in Dublin, Ireland, reading a lot of James Joyce, and drinking a lot of Guinness. When back at Oberlin I helped to found a student literary magazine called Writers' Bloc.
Quite Awhile Ago
- Typed for a living
- Wrote fiction
- Got tendinitis
- Worked at John Wiley and Sons and created an on-line computer training web site there
- Worked at the law firm of Debevoise and Plimpton
- Had a daughter
- Stopped writing much of anything, other than grocery lists
- Bought my second Park Slope apartment with my husband
- Starting working at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Edited my friend Joyces book Aching to Be
My old personal page is here.
Published on Saturday, May 31 2008 by mscrochety